We care about you and the quality of your Circling experience. That’s why we’ve created community touchstones like our 7 Circling Space Principles, Our Invocation, and the simple operating guidelines below. If we all keep these things in mind and heart, our circles will be more authentic and enjoyable.
Entering & Exiting Our Meetings
- Our Zoom rooms open 5 minutes prior to the start of each Circle.
- Our Zoom rooms close (e.g., no new entrants) 5 minutes after the scheduled start time (to insure the sanctity of the Circle).
- All Participants must enable both audio and video in the Zoom Circles. We feel this is essential because more than 70% of communication is non-verbal.
Confidentiality & Respect
4. All Participants will be asked to agree to keep everything in the circle confidential. “Ahas” may be shared, but names and details may not.
5. Circles are NOT recoded to respect the privacy of all participants.
6. Zoom Chat is disabled between participants. However, circlers can send and receive chat messages from the facilitator.
Our Collective Purpose
7 Circling Space Principles
- Create safety. Commit to confidentiality and connection.
- Inquire deeply. Lead with curiosity and challenge your assumptions.
- Relate fully. Explore the idea that everyone is your mirror.
- Cultivate spaciousness. Slow down. Really Listen.
- Love what is. Don’t give advice or circumvent your own discomfort by comforting or fixing others.
- Express your truth. Notice any impulse to censor.
- Share from the 3 P’s. Start with your physical sensation. Speak from the personal “I”. Use present tense.
Circling Space Invocation
May I be open to grace and fully embodied.
May I be seated in my own truth and fully honor the truth of others.
May I love what is, including the parts of me that might not be able to love what is.
And most of all, may I co-create a container of safety, presence and love as I serve the circle with all of my being — heart, body mind and soul.
Best Computer/Zoom Practices
- Save yourself some steps by using the “Login” feature on the Circling Space Calendar tab (under Membership).
- Be sure to have the latest version of Zoom.
- Arrive in the Circle 5 minutes before the starting time.
- Close any unnecessary programs or tabs to give you the fastest processing speed.
- Ear Buds or headsets help eliminate background noise.